Sunday, February 8, 2009

Because I can ....and I'm slowly coming to that conclusion!

Have you ever done something, in the middle of the night, that by the light of day you regret?
Such is the case with the last story I wrote.
I thought about taking it down. I thought about just deleting part of it.
...Somehow, that seems like cheating. Once a post, always a post. Right?
If you have the guts, in the middle of the night, to post silly little stories about yourself when you were 5 then you have to live with the consequences.
For me that consequence is being judged.

I've always lived my life, trying to please others.
Trying to do what I thought everyone else thought I should do. What would make them happy.

I've read that post 5 times. Hunting for the mistakes. Cringing at the grammatical errors. Re-writing sentences time and again, in my head.

I've come to the conclusion that I WILL NOT change it, even though I grimace when I look at it.
Even though I know it's a silly little story with a poor ending. It will be the wart at the end of my nose.

This time I'm gonna do what I want. This time, even though I would love to take it down, I'm going to leave it up for you to judge. Please feel free to post. I welcome the input and look forward to criticism.

Then, depending on my mood, I may just thumb my nose at you and go about my business happy in the thought that I left it here BECAUSE I WANTED TO!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It IS your blog afterall - and it doesn't have a poor ending! :)

Amanda Miller said...

ha...hahaha.....hahaha :)

Kim Scraps! said...

It is your blog, you can blog whatever and whenever you feel like. :-)

Also, you can use it for your BOM, Book Of Me, scrapbook.

Amanda Miller said...

uhh, no thanks? That is what I'm trying to stay away from! I'd feel like a HUGE dork then!!! (not just the bity dork that I am now)
That's just not my style! ;)

Anonymous said...

As in the spoof video above, Bale sounds overly growly when donning on the cape. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bags[/url] The New Your Times reports, the new capabilities will allow you to see important details such as who is checking in, what times are the busiest at your business, and the ratio of male to female customers. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Tgummejwk
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora uk[/url] Pzpunwlkv [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet[/url] ujmoyezwy