Friday, February 6, 2009

Smile, Darn It!

Well, it's been a few days since I've posted here. Mostly I'm just tired of talking about the homeowner's meeting. So I'm just gonna say.....We (the board)took a beating. It wasn't pretty...but it wasn't bloody either.

Funny thing happened. Sorta.
Maybe ya'll can tell. Maybe not. But I'm not into public recognition. I don't like a whole room of people LOOKING AT ME! (just stop looking at me...:)
I even went as far as to ask the president of the association to remove my name from the slides for the website I set up and the social board I assembled. (apparently I don't mind blowing my own horn, here...but then YOU'RE NOT LOOKING AT ME)
He did. -Remove my name, I mean. Thank goodness! Like I said....can't handle the pressure.
So imagine my surprise when out of left field, in the middle of the meeting, he throws my name around like some (very light) sack o' potatoes!!!!
Was this a cruel joke? A diversion? Was this the plan all along??
NO! It coudn't be!!!!!! My friend would never throw me under the bus and *gasp* compliment me in PUBLIC!!!!
OF COURSE, this led to a VERY noticable blush and tight pursing of my lips (meant to be a smile but falling oh, so short....but they were ALL LOOKING AT ME!!!)

How could he? How dare he? Who does he think he is???

-Learn to take a compliment, Amanda!!!! Chill OUT!
Next time I'm going to smile my normal, eyes lighting up my whole face, teeth sparkling, cheeks crinkling, unadulterated SMILE!
I'm gonna do it! You watch! ;)

No comments: