Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blessing #3

I'm really not a religious person. Don't get me wrong.... I'm not saying I'm atheist but I am agnostic or more appropriately ignorant of any higher power, at this point in my life.
Judge if you must. I'm o.k. with that.
My point is...when I say "blessing" I don't refer to any Higher power or think that he/she should receive credit for said blessing. Really, if there is a God, I don't think he would be concerned about whether or not I run today. Or if I've made friends in Texas. Or any such trivial thing that current religions seem to think that God is responsible for. If God exists, he's more concerned about war or famine, really a much larger scheme of things. (feel free to try to convince me otherwise. Sorry but I've had a few years to formulate questions and arguments for his existence without many answers)
But that is not where I was going tonight.
I've spent a couple of days coming to the conclusion that I've made real friends in Texas!
Yeah, that right! I've got "GIRLS" or "PEEPS"!
I'm not any good at making friends. Not the real kind that you tell your "deep, darkies" to.
I make ....acquaintances. People that you can laugh with, have a good time with. Not people that you can cry with or get trashed with (and wake up the next day and they still like you).
In Washington it took me YEARS!!! Literally YEARS to make the friends I have. (and ohhhh, how I miss my WA Peeps!)

Does saying things like "deets" and "peeps" make this Mom look like a wanna be....kid?

Again...I digress. Yes, I use that a lot, too.

What amazes me is that they ARE still around. Despite my insane behavior of late. :)
I must be a VERY LUCKY GIRL!!!!
You gals know who you are cause I probably spend hours texting, talking or hanging with you! You've seen me at my worst and ya just keep coming back!

Thanks for making Texas my new home. Thanks for making it easier to leave my old home. Thanks for just putting up with me!!! Luv Ya Lots!.......(OK, that WAS dorky!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's what I STILL don't get! Your need to tell me, more than once, that you're not a good writer! You so ARE a good writer :P