Friday, January 23, 2009

Counting blessings

O.k. So. About this blogging thing.
Where do I start?
Honestly, I'm really not sure why I have decided that I should start a blog. I have nothing of any consequence to say. I have no profound thoughts or ideas that should be shared with the masses. I haven't any funny jokes to tell you...I can barely get through a Knock, Knock Joke without totally blowing it. ( I attribute this to my "baby brain", you girls know what that is. Though, why it started before I was pregnant, I'll never know)
The best I can figure...I need an outlet. Sounds easy enough, right? RIGHT (you're probably exclaiming, loudly as you stamp your foot and pound your fist on the table. ...."Please, Please, Please quit badgering me with your constant brooding and foul moods" you're thinking)
So...This is my attempt.
Actually, a moody person, I'm not. I'm "Happy Amanda", "Bubbly Girl". I'm always smiling, quick to laugh, loves a good time, take life by the horns, rolls with the punches, kinda girl. But alas, here we are.
So my new blog could be considered the boot straps by which I haul myself off of the sometimes stinky, definitely nasty, altogether to many yuckies....ground in which I've groveled, lately. ( too wordy for you???? well....I've decided that I feal smarter when I muck up my "blogging" with lots of description. I figure if you haft to re-read a paragraph 3 times, you may be less likely to fall asleep. LOL! (yes, I really LOL-even if it was a quiet laugh out loud)
So....to count my blessings.
First and foremost: I have an awesome life with a great guy and a genius for a child!
I know, you're thinking....."Genius? Really? What mom doesn't think her kids a genius". To that I hafta tell ya (being somewhat of a braggart when it comes to my son), Landon is 3.5 years old and just scored the highest possible score for the children's IQ test..... SEE???? PURE GENIUS!! (OK, not savant but still I'd much rather a smart child than a pretty child, right? Haven't we all learned by now that our looks can't get us everywhere???)
Not only is he a genius, he is the sweetest little guy. Who knew that I would EVER love something THIS MUCH!!!??? I mean, really, before I had a kid, I use to calmly explain to people that I LOVED my dogs "SOOO MUCH". I did, I really did and still do. But this little boy who is starting to look more and more like me every day, who gestures with one hand on his hip and the other palm up and pointing (kinda like a little teacup....short and stout :) JUST LIKE I DO, Who says "Mom it's so frustratin' when...blah, blah, blah! How was I to know that he would wrap me up so tight that all I live for, some days, is that little face and seeing it smile!
I could go on and on about Landon. But I'm stopping now.
I'm tired of counting my many blessings...yes, ALREADY! I have many, many blessings. But I'm tired and I don't want this blog to be all about me, ya know?
So, I think I'll retire to my very cozy and snuggly bed, dream a little dream and start this blog over, tomorrow. Maybe then I'll have something interesting to say........
But probly not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psst! Your bloggess is showing ;)

Amanda Miller said...

Hmmm, Blogess?? Is that anything like Dorkuss?